Prerequisite : Beginning Photography
Equipment: Fully manual, 35mm, medium or large format film or digital camera.
Discussions will include:
- The Principles and Elements of Good Composition ---Studying the Masters---Critique---Find your own style
- Color temperatures, Zone System, Studio Set ups, Flash, Black and white
- How to show mood in your photos using light, color and special techniques
- How to add interest with special effect filters and screens, compositional framing, and unusual angles
- How to make your scenes look 3 dimensional
- How to show action using still or moving subjects
- How to work in low light conditions
- How to arrange a portrait or still life
- Build a working portfolio of diversified subjects which showcase techniques and creativity.
To successfully complete this course, each student will be expected to complete weekly photography assignments, including a final research project.
For questions specific to this program, please call the Instructor at 772-340-4443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Instructors:
Both Denise Russell and Howard Stickler are Florida Certified Photography Instructors teaching at Indian River State College for over 20 years. Professionally, they have a combined 50+ years experience in the business of photography as freelancers and at Stickler's Commercial Photography in Port St. Lucie, FL. Denise Russell is an International Award Winning Photographer, and in 2009 was awarded the IRSC Outstanding Adjunct Faculty Award.
Individuals interested in photography.
- Course Type: Continuing Education Institute, Licensing & Certifications
- SIGN UP TODAY! Limited Seating! For more information Call Toll FREE 1.888.283.1177
- Classes presented by the CCTI@IRSC are for personal enrichment, professional certification and licensing or continuing education purposes only. They do not qualify for college credit and therefore are not eligible for discounts, Florida pre-paid, State tuition waiver programs or funding for college level classes.