Personal Trainer Certification
Get all the information needed to start an exciting fitness career & become a Certified Personal Trainer. Our personal trainer course is a great way to become a successful Certified Personal Trainer with an option to complete an employer internship that can walk you into jobs! This challenging course is for candidates wanting LIVE instruction with in-depth, hands-on practical lab to master the essential career skills & knowledge. The course consists of 16 hours of lecture on key topics like biomechanics, exercise physiology, fitness testing, equipment usage, health assessment & 16 hours of hands-on practical training labs with role playing drills on assessing clients, programming, performing proper exercises, presentation skills and more.
Included in this course is a complete 200 page student workbook, access to online student study tools and test vouchers to take the Certified Personal Trainer exams. You can work right after passing the exams with proof of CPR/AED to obtain your Level 1 Certified Personal Trainer. As a special bonus, you can take advantage of our 30 hour employer internship to get our advanced Level 2 Certified Personal Trainer credential at no additional cost!!
Requirements to Obtain Certification:
- Complete all classroom & practical lab training sessions
- Successful completion of written and practical exams
- Obtain CPR/AED Training within 12 months after training
- Complete a 30-hour internship (Students will receive a list of approved internship locations)
Course Prerequisites: High School Diploma/GED
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, Kinesiology and exercise physiology.
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines.
- Design and customize exercise programs.
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio and flexibility exercises.
- Demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group.
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise.
W.I.T.S. is approved and recognized by many higher learning institutions out of Washington, DC. Some of the organizations include the American Council of Education (ACE,) the International Association of Continuing Education and Training (IACET,) the Board of Certification (BOC) for Athletic Trainers, the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA,) the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB,) and the Veterans Education and Training Administration (VA.)
Anyone interested in obtaining a Personal Fitness Trainer certification.
- Course Type: Continuing Education Institute, Licensing & Certifications
- Prerequisite(s): High School Diploma/GED
- Length: Minimum of 32.00 hours
- Format: Hands on Training
- For group registration or info on customized programs call us at 1-888-283-1177 or email email@example.com